This social media release was created as proof of concept. It is a mock release of an event that has already happened. It is not official in any way.
Writers Thank Their Lucky Stars: The Presidential Edition
Nov. 7, 2016, at 6:30 in Gotham Hall (1356 Broadway, New York, New York 10018)
On Nov. 7, beloved dramatists are honored by the Broadway stars that bring their works to life on stage at the Dramatists Guild Fund’s annual gala in Gotham Hall.
The Dramatists Guild Fund is a nonprofit organization that provides aid to writers for the theater through grants, educational programming and writing development opportunities. Being a public charity arm of the Dramatists Guild of America, DGF nurtures writers and funds nonprofit theaters producing contemporary works. Its mission is to heighten awareness, appreciation and support theater across the country. The Dramatists Guild Fund holds an annual gala, which is its biggest fundraising event of the year. Writers Thank Their Lucky Stars allows Broadway sensations to pay tribute to legendary writers, recognizing their contributions to American theater.
- The event takes place Monday, Nov. 7, 2016, at 6:30 p.m. Each person can purchase a package that varies from cocktails with the stars and guests of honor to individual admission
- Tickets range from $500 for only tickets to $25,000 for the full benefactor package that includes cocktails, dinner and front row seats
- Cocktails start at 6:30 p.m. followed by dinner and a show
- Annette Jolles will direct the gala with a script by Jonathan Tolins and musical direction by Charlie Rosen. Casting by Tara Rubin Casting
Artists to be honored:
- Nell Benjamin
- Mindi Dickstein
- Carol Hall
- Tom Kitt
- Nan Knighton
- Robert Schenkkan
- Stephen Schwartz
- Stephen Sondheim
Patrons of the arts to be honored:
- John Breglio, producer, author and lawyer
- Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig, Marchesa co-founders and designers
- Linda G. Levy, patron of the arts
Artists to perform:
- Tituss Burgess performing “The Star-Spangled Banner”
- Hannah Elless performing “Astonishing” from Little Women
- Mandy Gonzalez performing “Satisfied” from Hamilton
- Douglas Sills performing “Into the Fire” from The Scarlet Pimpernel
- Kate Baldwin performing “Hard Candy Christmas” from The Little Whorehouse in Texas
- Aaron Tveit performing “Morning Glow” from Pippin
- Stephen Sondheim debuting “The Flag Song” cut from Assassins
- Tom Kitt debuting a song from new musical Dave and performed by Christopher Sieber
“Being able to support the theater community while getting to watch amazing performances from Broadway’s best is the most rewarding thing about this gala,” Marcy May said.
“I’ve never been more proud of theater. This is a night where we can all come together to celebrate the very people that inspired us throughout our life,” Johnathan Myer said.
(Photos provided by Evan/Image and video provided by DGF on the Dramatists Guild Fund, Inc. Facebook)